1/24/09

Hunting.

So, lately I feel as if I've forced Kyle to start looking at rings for me. When we decided to get married, and he asked me, it was sort of a spur of the moment thing. Not a bad, spur of the moment, we didn't decide for random or wrong reasons. I think he asked me early because he felt he had enough guts to ask the question then. Better sooner than later... wait, that's not right. Well, I guess I'm saying that it's better that he asked me at all. My sister's dad, never got around to asking my mom to marry him, and they were together for 12 years. Sad, huh?

Well, anyways, Kyle has been doing his research on his own a lot. I went looking one day when I was at the mall, just because. I found one that I liked, and showed it to him online. After that I barely brought it up, only when someone was talking about marriage or jewelry.This past month, I've been noticing Kyle's curiosity about diamonds, if that's just what it is. He talks to his friend at work, who, I believe, used to work at Nebraska Diamond. And the other day I woke up to him using a "design your own ring" website. When I discovered that, I got a little excited, and when we took our trip to the mall, to use a giftcard we had. I made him stop in a couple of jewelry stores to gander. I know he still has to work at getting his debt and medical bills payed off, but I'm a woman, and I got excited. I'm not forcing him into anything, I just like to look.

I guess the reason I think about it more now, is because we plan on getting married next fall of 2010. I understand that it's still over a year away, but I'm getting anxious to start planning things. I'm considering just having a small wedding with close family and our best friends in a random country. What do you think about Australia? Why not? I get free hotels, right?


click here to see where I'm running off too.

3 comments:

caryl said...

I can understand why you would want a ring. It makes it more "real," less like you're just talking about it. But it sounds like he's working on it and may want to surprise you.

I got lucky because my husband's grandmother put aside four gorgeous diamonds for her grandsons use for engagement rings. I happened to be the first fiancee to come along, so Gram gave me the biggest one! It's beautiful, but when I think about it, I get scared to wear it. It's not only expensive, but it has a lot of sentimental value.

Huh. I'm taking it off! haha. I do that from time to time when i get freaked out about it.

Anyway, just wait. I'll bet he'll make the presentation very special.

Kenzie Ryan said...

Sooooo... I decided that instead of wearing my class ring, like I have been, I would be happy with any type of ring, until we got on our feet.

I know that I want something from him, thats his and mine. So I told him, and we found a small single solitaire, sort of as a promise ring. And later that day he asked me if I'd rather have a ring or a bouquet of flowers for Valentine's Day. I smiled and said both. :) lol

So now I am SO excited for Valentine's Day this year, it actually has meaning this time around!! YAY!

caryl said...

Aw...so sweet!