1/3/09

My Problems From Yesterday.

I had an ok day, pretty much. Kyle has the whole weekend off, including last night through Monday night. Since I have to work in the morning on the weekend, he usually hangs out with his buddies or just relaxes at home. Last night we went to dinner with his friend and fiance at TGIFriday's. After Dinner, the guys and gals split up, Erin and I went to see the new movie Marley and Me. Which was an amazing movie btw, but be prepared, and bring a lot of tissues. The guys, being 21, went to the bar. I guess it was all their old friends they grew up with partying last night.

So after the movie we head back to Erin's apartment, to discover that she didn't have her keys on her, and we had to wait for her Kyle to come and let us in. When he got there, I noticed that he was close to being drunk, and Erin is really strict with him, so she was getting mad at him. And if I wasn't there, I'm sure there would've been an all out brawl. It really bothered me that he kept sucking up to her, and trying to kiss her and hug her. I honestly couldn't tell whether he was being himself or drunk. But I did notice something else.

The way they were arguing was too harsh. He just automatically gives her whatever she wants, not to shut her up, he's that whipped. She controls him, and yells a bit too much. Last night I finally realized why everything falls apart for me and Kyle. It's not because God hates us, or because we did or are going to do something really bad in our lives. It's because we're being tested, or at least that's my opinion. I watch our friends argue and yell at eachother because he left his phone at the bar, and had to go back to get it, (most likely on purpose). And then I look at Kyle and I, we never yell. We might raise our voices and slam an occasional door, but within 15 minutes everything is calm again. One of us aplogizes, and we talk about it, sometimes the talk goes back into the argument, but we work through everything.

Our friends have damn near everything, Kyle's buddy has this great job as an electrician's apprentice, which Kyle has been trying to get into for years. Erin has a great job at a bank, and is starting school soon, which their parents help with everything. And they don't have major money problems or real shitty jobs. Kyle and I have all the above, on top of terrible hours which causes us to never see eachother. I fall asleep by myself almost everynight, and wake up to Kyle coming home. I get ready for work and leave within the hour. When I come home from work he sleeps till 7 and then goes to work at 8:30. So the most I get to see him is for 2hours a day. It gets pretty lonely.

So I figure with all these problems, we're being pushed to get through it together, so that in the future we can handle anything. If Kyle's friends were to ever have problems like us, their relationship wouldn't be able to take it. I guess it gives me optimism for our relationship and our future.

But I guess my biggest problem with yesterday, since I never got to it, I'll make it short, is that my boyfriend is 21, and I'm only 19. So he was out all night, in fact he didn't make it home. Now, I trust him, and I know he was having fun with friends he hasn't seen in years. But when I woke up to an empty bed, again, at 3am, it really upset me. I called him, and he was still partying, and I knew he wasn't making it home that night, so I snapped at him, and then hung up on him. I was ok with him staying the night, because I didn't want him or anyone else driving drunk. But I guarentee that his friend Richard is going to be a jerk and talk about me behind my back, because I wanted Kyle home last night, and I didn't want whoever was driving to drink a lot. (I also heard him mocking me in the background at an earlier phone call, after the movie). Ugh... so this morning I felt guilty for hanging up on him, and sent him a text saying sorry, and that I hope to see him when I get home today. He said he'd be home as soon as possible. Too bad I'm at work.

2 comments:

caryl said...

Hmm..I think you have every right to be pissed that he was out with friends all night. I had a boyfriend in college who used to do whatever he wanted all night and then come home to me. How convenient for him!

But I can't offer any advice because I wound up marrying the guy! He's downstairs in the kitchen right now! haha!

Julie said...

Wow, Kenz...I'm just reading this, and I agree with Caryl. Don't feel that you aren't allowed to be angry. He shouldn't stay out all night without calling you or anything. And the friend mocking you in the background? Kyle should have punched the guy. Honestly. It's not a matter of a man being 'whipped' as you say, it's a matter of having respect for his girlfriend! Sorry that happened!