11/15/08

Simply Stuck in The Past

Because, I have no money to go to any recent concerts, like Earth Wind and Fire, I must rely on past shows that I went to. I need to be kept up on music, constantly reliving those amazing nights at the some of the best shows I will see in my life. So I take a trip today back to August 2007, the 2 nights I spent in Kansas City, MO with my mom, her best friend, and her daughter. We went to see Modest Mouse, my favorite band. I've never seen them live before that night, and my mom surprised me the night before, telling me we were taking a road trip down there. We got there perfect timing for the show. We got close up front, but not too close, and we sang and danced all night long. Our parents split from us and headed to the bar, but when the headlining band came on, my mom was actually amazed that they put on a good show.


not my photo - click


They simply rocked, and we had a blast the whole weekend. Spent all our money and went six hours out of the way on our way home. We live in Omaha, of course, but made a pit stop in Des Moines. Cool, huh?

No comments: