11/2/08

At work.

So I find myself at work at 7:00am on a Sunday. What's with that? And of course, the phones are not ringing and I'm about to fall asleep. At least I'm getting paid right? So as always when I'm bored and have a computer in front of me, I get the urge to write, but still I lack the inspiration to write something with any value. So I'll sit here for a moment... and think.


Hmmm... Oh! How about I explain some cool, and not so cool things that have happened lately?


So I started this new job, it's working out pretty well. I've been here for a little over a month, and just started full-time after training about two weeks ago. It's got good pay, great benefits, and awesome people work here. There's even a break room with Guitar Hero! How cool is that? Kyle is still working at the truck stop, and the Union has yet to call him back to work. We're still worrying about hospital bills from when he cut his finger, and after we had to deal with our roomate stealing money from us. That whole situation put him in debt, and we are working hard to catch up.

On the bright side, however, we moved into our own apartment! Just us! It's a small one bedroom, but it's newly remodled, and it's adorable! It comes with a washer and dryer, and a microwave. Most apartments in this area don't usually include ALL appliances, so we got lucky. We moved in about two weeks ago, and everything is unpacked, the only thing we're missing is a couch, lol. Of course, since it's our first month there, we have a lot of unexpected finances. Like the "no deposit guarentee" from our Utilities Distric that wasn't a guarentee at all, you had to qualify for it.

I've been trying to go to school, but unfortunetly the one thing I want to go for... I'm not qualified for. I was thinking that since I revolve me life around music, why not go for music production? And the only schools that are available are miles away, and you have to have had at least a 3.0 GPA, and I wasn't the greatest student. So now I'm back to the drawing board. Maybe I will just be a cop? Why not?

In other news, I had some friends over last night to help me cheer on the Huskers. BAD idea. We got slaughtered. If you know anything about football, when the game is less than 3 minutes in, and there's a team down by 14 points... you know it's not going to be a good game. On kickoff Oklahoma returned the ball for a touchdown. So nebraska recieves the ball after them... and the first play... our quarter back throws it for an interception and another touchdown for Oklahoma. The final score was 62-21 Oklahoma. Basically, we started watching The Nightmare Before Christmas at halftime.

No comments: