9/17/08

Childhood Dreams Never End.

Randy Pausch. I have no idea how to pronounce his last name, but he's an amazing person. He's the type of person, that after you read about them, you think of stalking the internet looking for their email address, in hopes of contacting them.

I would have no idea what to say, but I at least know now, that I'm not the only one who wonders and theorizes every aspect of life. I love his words in his book, "The Last Lecture." I would give quotes, but I unfortunately, don't have the book on me, and my memory is terrible.

He hit every aspect that anyone could think of, love, hate, respect, children, parents, and childhood dreams. Last night after I finished his book, I laid in bed and thought. I thought about everything. My dream to be a musician and create a new sound with depth and meaning. My other dream to be a homicide detective, and work through the police force. My dream of getting married and having children. My dream to travel, anywhere and everywhere. But my biggest dream is to gain opportunity.

My chances at luck, aren't the greatest. In fact, I do believe that opportunity has never knocked at my door. But after reading that book last night, I became more optimistic, and I decided to dream more. I'll never give up, and I never had any plans too, it's too hard of a habit to quit.

And I guarentee that if I keep my hopes up, I'll get to have a drink with Mr.Hicks and talk about music or whatever comes to mind. And he'll ask me to join in with his band to jam for an hour or so. I'm sure I'll get to meet Tony Shaloub from MONK. And all my finance problems will go away. And I'll get to have my own band, and create my sound, and everyone will love it!!!

Wow... I'm nuts.

1 comment:

caryl said...

kenzie, I recently saw a piece on Randy Pausch on 20/20 or 60 minutes or whatever and I hate to tell you this, but he died in July. He had an amazingly optomistic attitude.

He admitted that he got angry about facing death so young, but he did live longer than doctors expected him to and when death finally came, he was ready.

A VERY inspirational man, to say the least. And you know what? you just gave me an idea of how I want to spend my 50th birthday. I've been really bummed about it, but I'm going to read his book and try to face the next chapter of my life with a plan.

Thanks, you wise little monkey.